Challenge yourself to learn dozens of embroidery stitches and use them to create 30 simple projects that are ready to display.
If you’ve always wanted to learn embroidery but haven’t known where to start, 30-Day Challenge: Embroidery
is the perfect way to jump-start your creativity
and get stitching. Even if you’ve never picked up a needle, you will quickly learn everything you need to know to master embroidery
After an overview of embroidery basics, author Jessica Anderson (Cutesy Crafts) shows you how to create—each day for 30 days—one new stitch and one embroidery design that features that stitch. The easy-to-follow projects
include a variety of popular modern motifs such as flowers, birds, houseplants, rainbows, and more, and only take an hour or two, or less, to complete
. As the book progresses, you will strengthen your skills with designs that combine multiple stitches.
You can do one project per day
in order or follow your own schedule
and pick and choose. By the time you’ve stitched your way through the book, you will have an amazing collection of embroidery designs to hang up and display your skill and creativity.
This complete course in embroidery includes:
- Everything you need to know to gather supplies, set up your hoops, and prep your threads and needles
- 30 essential and more-unusual embroidery stitches clearly shown in step-by-step illustrations
- 30 simple modern embroidery designs you can complete in an hour or two
- Easy-to-transfer templates of all the designs are printed in the book and downloadable
- Tips for finishing and showing off your hoops
- Ideas for embellishing tote bags, jewelry, and more with the embroidery designs
- Two bonus challenge projects to stretch your newfound skills
Embroidery is one of the most popular and versatile crafts and is ideal for beginners
. It’s affordable, can be done almost anywhere, and doesn’t require years of practice to achieve great results. If you’re new to embroidery or want to learn new stitches
and expand your repertoire
, 30-Day Challenge: Embroidery
will give you the inspiration and know-how you need to take joy in this lifelong skill and creative endeavor.
About the Author
Jessica Anderson is an avid crafter and embroidery artist. She shares creative ideas on her blog, Cutesy Crafts, and has taught thousands of people to embroider through her YouTube channel. Her crafts have also been published in several magazines, including Better Homes & Gardens, Country Woman, Homespun, and Mollie Makes. She lives in Sacramento, California.
YouTube channel: @CutesyCrafts
Instagram handle: @cutesy_crafts
Facebook: Cutesy Crafts